Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Juicefast - Day 4 - Willpower out of this World

Today I woke up feeling a bit tired, foggy, and hungry. I didn't sleep that great last night due to a sore stomach. It helped that I pushed myself to get out of bed and drink my hot lemon/water and have my first juice of the day. I started to feel better after that and forced myself to go swimming as I felt stiff still from the massage a few days ago. The swim helped my energy tremendously.

Today I was invited to a Filipino feast and I went to socialize. I ended up just drinking water as it was just after lunch. The food looked and smelled so darn good it was ridiculous. I left not long after they started to cut the cake. I am so impressed with my willpower today.

I wanted to go to the market today, but it rained all day. For after dinner drink, I only had one apple, so I added watermelon instead to my carrot, apple and ginger juice. The taste was so good. It tasted so sweet that this will be a new concoction of mine.

So I decided that tomorrow will be my last day of a full juice fast. I will continue to juice twice a day and eat a salad for dinner. I will eventually add in good fats like avocado and then bring in nuts, legumes and fish in a few weeks. I just can't fathom juicing this much when I start school. There is a lot of clean-up and a lot of shopping/preparation to juice every few hours. I also have diarrhea which can be dangerous for dehydration and not getting the nutrients I'm supposed to get from juicing.

Tomorrow first thing, I need to get to the market as I have no carrots, apples or much greens left. Crazy how many vegetables/fruits that you go through when you juice as much as I do.

Last day of full fast tomorrow... Yay! I definitely know that I should be doing this longer, but I'm going to try to juice as much as I can and add some fiber in from salads even if only to have normal bowel movements. TMI, right? The joys of detox.




No comments:

Post a Comment