Saturday, September 26, 2015

Juice Fast - Day 1 - I'm Drinking Mean Green!

I started my juice fast one day ahead of schedule. Isn't that great? I thought I'd get a jump start on my fast since I had most of the veggies/ fruit available. I started off the day with the beet juice that I posted on my last journal entry. It wasn't my favorite juice, but I did finish it. I had the mid-morning 500ml coconut water which helped a lot with the hunger pains. For lunch I finally made the MEAN GREEN! I just love that name. The juice was surprisingly not too bad. I thought I'd have to plug my nose to drink it, but it was drinkable without the nose holding.

Ingredients

8 kale leaves
1 cucumber
4 celery sticks
2 apples (I'm using green at the moment)
1/2 a lemon
1 inch piece of ginger
*1 serving



The result with 6-8 ice cubes. I couldn't imagine drinking this juice without ice cubes. Not bad at all. The apples really help the taste.



I must be determined to do this fast because today I went to a somewhat regular hangout that serves burger and fries on one side and salads/juices on the other. I normally would get a salad and juice and sometimes a burger. My friend had a hamburger and fries and I sat and ordered an apple/carrot and ginger juice. I actually watched her eat a burger and fries. I was hoping that my body would thank me later for that decision. Willpower was strong today all things considered.



Dinner was another mean green. This one didn't taste as good, but maybe because I put more celery in. I made a big batch, probably around 600 ml and I drank it all is very slow sips. It took me about 40 minutes to drink it. It is better to sip it like a fine wine is which I was told.




So how do I feel? Well it is about time for my last juice of the day which will be my fifth juice of the day. I feel hunger pains a bit, but not too bad. I have had to urinate about ever fifteen minutes to half hour which is a bit more than normal. I fear the detox side effects will be stronger tomorrow and the next day. After my final juice tonight, I will have some herbal tea and then try to go to bed early. As I do feel a bit tired, plus I have read to try to get extra sleep during a detox.

Here is my final juice of the night. It is called 'Australian Gold'.

1/2 medium pineapple
1 yellow pepper
1 lemon
1 inch piece of ginger

*1 serving


It tastes pretty good, but not overly sweet. A bit tart from the lemon/yellow pepper.








No comments:

Post a Comment