Friday, September 25, 2015

Feeling Motivated to Juice

Have you ever tried beet juice? Well let me tell you, it isn't my favorite. Last night I was so tired after school being a Friday and all, but I decided to walk with my cart to the market to stock up on produce. I ended up buying lots of veggies and some fruit for only about 100RMB. That price is amazing! I'd pay double or triple in Canada for all of what I bought. I bought two bunches of celery, leaf lettuce, spinach, Chinese kale, carrots, apples, oranges, 4 peppers, lemons and limes. Wow! A note about Kale. A Chinese teacher told me that they have their own version of Kale and I researched it. The Chinese people also call it Chinese broccoli. It doesn't quite look like the version from Canada, but I'm going to try it. I'll also use spinach quite a bit.

So last night I was reading about all of the recipes and decided to try a beet juice for breakfast. This juice is called, 'Un-beet-able'.

Ingredients:

2 beets (beetroot)
2 inch piece of ginger
6 carrots
2 apples
15 kale leaves

*This makes 2 servings

 This is what the Un-beet-able looks like afterwards. I'm not sure you ever tried beets, but they are strong and an acquired taste. I'm trying to finish the drink and my stomach is complaining a bit. I'd say this juice is 'beet-able'. Haha! I also add ice to my juices as I like them cold.


I also find that there are strings of beet or Kale that I can taste. Not my favorite drink thus far by a long mile. I'm just trying to finish it. That is what experimenting is all about I guess.

This is one big beet! I used my carrot grater to peel the beet.



This is me the very first day of pre-cleanse. Tomorrow I will officially start my juice fast.
This is the program I am following. http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/RBWJ_FREE-5DAY-2015.pdf

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment